Selency is a shop that's all about character. The decision to be a selective shop is a strong and deliberate choice that gives true coherence to our catalogue.
Our product catalogue is both our shop window and our identity card - it is important for it to represent our personality. We are a shop with an uncluttered style, that has charm and energy. Which is exactly what our customers come looking for. This is why we only accept unique furniture and decorative objects that have a proper place in today's interiors.
This policy is an indicator of our main selection criteria to avoid you having to waste your time creating listings for products that we don't accept. Here is an non-exhaustive list of the products that we do or do not accept on the website (because we have to confess that we do have our little secrets and that's what makes the site so magical), or a rough guide at the very least. We'll show you.
Certain criteria are to be respected:
- no furniture from big chain stores (Fly, Ikea, Maisons du Monde, etc.)
- No new products
- No creations (unless made from old materials)
- No pieces of art
- No religious objects
- No non-decorative games or toys
- No non-decorative leather goods or suitcases
- No soft toys or bedding
- No publicity items
- No household electrical goods
- No plastic (apart from signed pieces)
- No gilded crockery
- No glass paste
- No over-elaborate, slightly kitsch decorative objects